Ten Rules for An Optimistic Life
This is from a tear-out in Ode Magazine’s Laughter Issue …
10. Fall in love
9. Feed your mind positive thoughts
8. Indulge your passions
6. Keep a feel-good journal
5. Enjoy the simple things
4. See the glass half-full
3. Find positive friends
2. Volunteer for a cause you believe in
1. Subscribe to Ode!
So now let’s look at the spiritual reasons behind them …
10. Fall in love—with yourself, with another, with a kid … relationship is the laboratory that teaches us the most about ourselves.
9. Feed your mind positive thoughts—since you get a choice, why not the positive ones?
8. Indulge your passions—knowing what your passions are is half way toward living a fulfilled life.
7. Laugh—at yourself, at others, at your kids … laughter is the one thing that guarantees perspective, which we all need.
6. Keep a feel-good journal—gratitude works every time.
5. Enjoy the simple things—and the complicated ones as well … the key is “enjoy.”
4. See the glass half-full—again, you get a choice.
3. Find positive friends—and be a positive friend
2. Volunteer for a cause you believe in—or work for a cause you believe in … the point is to find out what you believe and act accordingly.
- Subscribe to Ode! This one needs no explanation.
Great advice for a joyous, free, fulfilled life.